A GREAT Idea for your Kids safety online.
- What is it?
- Its a Flash based web browser for kids!
- How does it work?
- Its really simple really. Instead of letting the browser have access to the whole world wide web & 'trying' to filter out the bad content, like most childrens internet browsers & filtering software do. We blocked out the entire internet & only let the browser access limited, top quality, child related sites that we programmed into it!
Its kind of a K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) approach, but it works great!
- Minimum System Requirements?
- A Windows PC running Windows 95, 98, 98se, ME, 2000, XPhome or XPpro and Internet Explorer 5 or greater.
- Instructions to Install & Un-install KidRocket?
- Simply click the button above to download the latest KidRocket.exe file.
- Save the file to a place that you will remember, preferably your Desktop.
- Then double click on the KidRocket icon to launch the application.
- Simply right click the KidRocket icon & choose 'Delete'.
- Thats all there is to it!
- The Kidrocket Kids Browser is a 'Standalone' application, meaning it runs from within itself & does not actually install to your computers main C:\\ drive Programs folder, like most applications do.
It is totally non-invasive, 100% adware and spyware free!
RE: Firewalls and Anti-Virus Software.
- KidRocket is a 'Web Browser' & therefore, will REQUIRE permission from your firewall to access the internet for the web browser feature to work.
- The first time you launch the web browser, you will most likely receive a prompt or popup from your firewall or A/V software?
You will have to answer "Yes" to allow KidRocket.exe to access the internet, so it will be able to retrieve and display webpages.
- We recommend that you stay in unlocked mode the first time running Kidrocket and the web browser feature, so you can simply minimize the application to answer "Yes" to the prompt.
- What kid safe sites are included?
- KidRocket - KidSafe Version
- PBS Kids - www.pbskids.com
- Sesame Street - www.sesamestreet.com
- LEGO - www.lego.com
- National Geographic Kids - www.nationalgeographic.com
- Disney - www.disney.com
- Starfall - www.starfall.com
- Crayola - www.crayola.com
- SFS Kids - www.sfskids.com
- Nick Jr - www.nickjr.com
- Cartoon Network - www.cartoonnetwork.com
- TVOKids - www.tvokids.com
- noggin - www.noggin.com
- See our complete Kid Friendly web site list with screenshots »